Monday, July 19, 2010

Crafty

I love being crafty. Sometimes I wish I grew up in some family that celebrated the arts and I somehow grew up into some artsy girl who is some starving artist, or designs the interior of Anthropology stores, or knew how to make some amazing bookshelf using popsicle sticks and a hot glue gun. Damn the expectation to have a six figure salary...

Sometimes I think domesticity allows for creativity and just time to be artistic. Man, if I'm busy working, who's going to put together scrapbooks of my kids? Sigh, having kids means having to be superwoman. Anyway...

It's been awhile since I've had the excuse to take pictures and glue them to pretty card stock, or totally spray paint something shiny gold and make my own stencils, rummaging through random boxes for pipe cleaners and squiggly eyes. I miss doing all that stuff.

It was my goal this summer to be crafty and have a little fun with it. Well, photography has been fun but a little stressful. Before I leave the Bay Area next month, I think I'll put together a collage or poster of some sorts. Just for funsies and to decorate my room in LA.

I also made it a goal to sew something this summer...something I would wear. I still need to get around to doing that.

As much as I want the school year to start, I just realized there's a lot I want to do before summer ends. But that's okay, I miss LA too much.

"Missing LA is like missing an abusive, wealthy step father." Haha sooo true. Less then a month before move in! I'm stoked :)

No comments:

Post a Comment