Thursday, July 22, 2010

Yes, I would LOVE to get fat, thanks for asking.

I had an epiphany this morning. I realized that I am such a pleasant and happy individual when I have been properly caffeinated. No seriously, if I seem super bitchy [excuse my language] on certain days or at certain times, it's probably because I didn't have enough time to grab coffee. Or I did and the caffeine wore off.

I was walking to class after going to Peet's this morning, thinking about how wonderful it would be to drink 4 or 5 cups of coffee just to get a caffeine high, just for fun. And then I realized:

a) I'm addicted to caffeine. Oh wait, I realized this a few months back when I got a caffeine-withdrawal-induced-migrane two days in a row when I was too busy in the morning to get coffee before class.
b) Caffeine high = happiness. Wait...isn't that what people tell themselves when they get addicted to drugs? That it's perfectly harmless and it makes them happy. Except I also tell myself it's perfectly legal. I find it alarming that I am impulsively tempted to down caffeine just for funsies.


I also realized that I'm starting to use sarcasm a bit too much to get through my day. Sometimes I wonder if my friends get sick of it. And I worry that I'm starting to be too sarcastic around people I've either just met or don't know well enough. I should start being more careful...

A friend just asked me who I was going to the garlic festival with. I replied, "My pet garlic."

'nuff said.

2 comments:

  1. i like your sarcasm nhi, don't lose it just because you're worried about what others think. I'm sure your friends appreciate your wit, and if they don't, I do! And post another blog entry soon please :)

    ReplyDelete